You are here
Origami Diagrams for Download
These pages present diagrams that may be freely downloaded and used for personal enjoyment. While "traditional" origami models are in the public domain, the vast majority of published origami designs are of recent authorship and therefore cannot be published or used commercially without obtaining permission from their creators and/or diagrammers. OrigamiUSA is very concerned about protecting and respecting the rights of origami artists, authors, and diagrammers: please see our copyright page for more details.
For all of the downloadable diagrams here, in general, the following applies:
- the work is protected by copyright
- both the creator (if not ‘Traditional’) and the diagrammer have rights in the work
- this version of the work is being distributed by OrigamiUSA with permission, for personal use only
- you may not redistribute it without permission from the relevant copyright-holders
- for redistribution or commercial usage, please contact us at copyright [at] origamiusa.org.
For the diagrams on this page,
- Non-profits, origami societies, and educational institutions can use them for free, but give us credit.
- Individuals may use them in their teaching (both teaching-for-free and paid work) if they join OrigamiUSA. Please give us credit.
- Other commercial usage should be negotiated with our Development team, at development [at] origamiusa.org.
There are many other sources of origami diagrams on the web, and in many cases the artists have graciously granted free downloading to the website owners. Please respect the generosity of these artists by not distributing or repackaging their work without permission.
You can find many diagrams by modern origami artists in our online magazine, The Fold. (You must be a current member of OrigamiUSA and logged into your web account to see some of The Fold's content.) You can also find many downloadable diagrams for sale at at our online store, The Origami Source.