Posted: February 5, 2018 - 5:57pm
Updated: March 5, 2018 - 6:03pm
The 2017 matching fundraising campaign was highly successful. Bottom line: A total of $18,353.82 was raised!
Here are the details:
- We received a total of $5,000 in donations to be matched. 2 donors gave $1,000 each. (These are the same generous donors who gave $1,000 and $500 for the match in 2016.) In addition $3,000 in matching funds was donated by the members of the OrigamiUSA Board of Directors.
- Our goal was to raise $10,000 in order to receive all of the matching funds. We exceeded that goal by about 34% by raising $13,353.82.
- We had a total of 131 donors (not including those providing the matching donations) compared to 99 in 2016, and increase of 32% over 2016.
- 48 donations were $100 or more, an increase of 33% over 2016, including 7 donations of $500 each and 2 donations of $1,000 each.
- 83 people gave less than $100, an increase of 24% from 2016.
We are extremely grateful for the outpouring of support. We try to keep our membership dues as low as possible to allow as many people as possible to join us, subsequently memberships alone do not cover our costs. Your donations help OrigamiUSA do important things from paying our bills to being able to start a youth scholarship program. Thank you!