Member benefits include:
- The print magazine, The Paper, features articles on activities, folding, and folders, along with fine origami diagrams, many not available elsewhere. Read a free sample issue from our archives. PDFs of all past issues of The Paper are available to members free of charge at The Source.
- The bimonthly online magazine, The Fold, also features articles on activities, folding, folders, and diagrams, along with online-only animations, videos, and more. The Fold is a unique publication with content that is different from that of The Paper.
- Discounts at the Origami Source, our online store, which stocks a wide variety of origami books, downloadable files, folding paper, supplies, and novelty items. Members receive a 10% or more discount on all purchases.
- Access to The Video Vault, a large collection of recordings from past OrigamiUSA events, available for free streaming to all members.
- Discounts for all of our events, including:
- In-person events (Annual Convention, PCOC, COcon, Special Sessions)
- Online events (Origami Connect, FoldFest, World Origami Days)
- Access to the Research Library and the Lending Library, containing main books and periodicals that are out of print or otherwise hard to find.
- The Lending Library Excerpt Service, which provides members PDF excerpts at no charge from any book in the Lending Library collection.
- Members are invited to attend Folding Sundays, informal monthly gatherings held at the American Museum of Natural History.
There are several categories of membership. All memberships are fully tax-deductible.
Online memberships do not include any postal mailings. Online memberships are for one individual.
- $40 / ONLINE.
For Junior, Individual or Family memberships, you may add $13 to upgrade to first class mailings of The Paper. Non-US members must add $30 to cover international mailing costs.
- $30 / JUNIOR (18 years and younger, birthdate required).
- $50 / INDIVIDUAL.
- $75 / FAMILY (Family is defined as up to two adults and four children age 18 and under, mailings only to one address). Benefits are the same as the individual category but for all family members.
We greatly appreciate those who can join at a higher membership level! Your support helps our programs and outreach activities.
- $150 / CONTRIBUTING: Benefits are the same as the Family Membership plus first class/international mailing, plus one Specialty Paper of our choosing.
- $250 / SPONSOR: Benefits are the same as the Family Membership plus first class/international mailing, plus one Origami Book from a selected list. Book choices are here.
- $500 / PATRON: Benefits are the same as the Family Membership plus first class/international mailing, plus one Specialty Paper of our choosing and one Origami Book from a selected list. Book choices are here.
- $1000 / BENEFACTOR: Benefits are the same as the Patron Membership. In addition, one member may attend convention free or may assign this benefit to another member or may allocate the benefit to be put into an OrigamiUSA scholarship fund, to be distributed to a member in need at the Board's discretion.
- $2000 / GUARDIAN: Benefits are the same as the Benefactor Membership, plus a special book or package of paper not available in the US.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions about Membership. If you don't find an answer there, contact us at admin [at] origamiusa.org. If you are not ready to become a member of OrigamiUSA, consider our 1-month Access Pass, available at The Source.