OrigamiUSA is seeking volunteers to join the core Convention Committee, including a new Committee Chair. This committee handles all aspects of producing our in-person Annual Convention in New York City. Some of the current core committee members will be stepping down or taking an advisory role and we are looking for new volunteers to step up. We are currently working on plans for a possible new venue for Convention and we need volunteers with a fresh perspective and lots of energy to get the job done!
Responsibilities for Committee Chair:
- Set dates for planning meetings (and a debrief after the event).
- Set meeting agendas and run meetings.
- Collaborate with the OrigamiUSA CEO on these tasks:
- A detailed review of the budget.
- A detailed review of the venue contract details.
Responsibilities for Core Committee team members:
- Participate in planning meetings (held online, up to 12 meetings per year).
- Participate in Email discussions.
- Review, update and/or test convention website pages.
- Review convention budget.
- Review convention venue contract.
- Take a lead with one or more subcommittees or areas of responsibility (as needed). Examples include: Venue liaison, Logistics, Information Desk, Registration, Model Menu, Paper Collating Party, On-site Ticketing, Exhibition, Technology, Vending, Silent Auction, Public Relations.
Requirements for the job:
- Comfortable navigating the OrigamiUSA Convention website.
- Has attended one or more in-person origami conventions.
- Good communication & organizational skills.
- Positive attitude & customer service knowledge.
- Dependable, team player with good follow-through.
- Event planning experience is a plus (not required).
Timeline and Effort: The 2021 Convention will be held on June 25 - 28, 2021. Aspects of Convention planning happen all year long with the majority of activities taking place from January – June. The Convention is typically held the last weekend in June.
Attendance at NY Convention: Required
Current Core Team Committee Members: Wendy Zeichner (Interim Acting Chair), Patty Grodner, Jan Polish, Jean Baden-Gillette, Michael Montebello
Submitted by: Wendy Zeichner
If you have questions: Please contact wendy.zeichner [at] origamiusa.org.