Posted: March 16, 2018 - 8:28pm
Updated: April 14, 2018 - 12:30pm
For PCOC 2017, we piloted a scholarship program for young origami enthusiasts to attend the convention. Both young folders—Alex, 15 and Harry, 10—had wonderful experiences, which you can read about in the next issue of The Paper. Their enthusiasm inspired everyone they met.
We're happy to announce that we've set up a permanent convention scholarship fund for young folders, and we'll be awarding the next set of scholarships for the annual OrigamiUSA Convention to be held at St. John's University this coming June!
If you are over 18 years old, you can nominate a young folder. (See criteria below.) Nominees should be a young person who shows great promise as a folder, and whom you think would be encouraged to develop their skills and ideas by attending an origami convention. Please consider nominating someone you know!.
The deadline for nominations is April 13, 2018.
- A folder under 18 years of age as of June 22, 2018
- A resident of the United States
- The online form completed and submitted by someone knowledgeable about the young folder
- Application approved by Adult Parent/Guardian by sending email to scholarships [at] origamiusa.org.
Scholarship Includes for each chosen nominee and a parent/guardian:
- Convention fees for each chosen nominee
- Housing/food allowance for each chosen nominee and accompanying parent/guardian
- Travel reimbursement allowance (including air) of $500 for each chosen nominee and $500 for their accompanying parent/guardian
We are thrilled that we can offer young, enthusiastic folders this opportunity. Let us know if you have any questions. Please feel free to email scholarships [at] origamiusa.org.