You are here
Click the "Join" or "Renew" buttons at the far right to join OrigamiUSA online. Or, if you prefer, you can download our membership brochure in PDF format and/or join by postal mail.
Member benefits include:
- The print magazine, The Paper, features articles on activities, folding, and folders, along with fine origami diagrams, many not available elsewhere. PDFs of The Paper are granted to each member upon publication and may be found in the Purchased Files section of their account.
- The bimonthly online magazine, The Fold, also features articles on activities, folding, folders, and diagrams, along with online-only animations, videos, and more. The Fold is a unique publication with content that is different from that of The Paper.
- Discounts at the Origami Source, our online store, which stocks a wide variety of origami books, downloadable files, folding paper, supplies, and novelty items. Members receive a 10% discount on all purchases with higher discounts on many download files.
- The Lending Library offers a unique opportunity to borrow origami books by mail to members residing in the continental USA or Canada. Most books and periodicals in the Lending Library are out of print or otherwise hard to find.
- The Reference Library has an unmatched collection of rare and out-of-print materials, available to visit by appointment.
- The Annual Convention, open only to members, is a memorable meeting of many folders, creators, and origami enthusiasts.
- The Origami Collection book, which Convention attendees may purchase at a discount, is a valuable addition to your origami library.
- Special Folding Fun Sessions are teaching events we hold at various times of the year. A wide variety of classes are offered, and members receive a discounted price.
- Members are invited to attend Folding Sundays, informal monthly gatherings held at the American Museum of Natural History.
There are several categories of membership. In 2014, we introduced Online Membership as a lower cost option that does not include a postal mailing of The Paper.
Online memberships generally do not include any postal mailings except those required by our by-laws and, on occasion, promotional mailings about OrigamiUSA events (e.g. Convention). The Paper is available to Online Members via a PDF automatically sent to the Purchased Files section of their account. Online memberships are for one individual.
- $30 / ONLINE: Total amount is tax deductible.
For Junior, Individual or Family memberships, you may add $13 to upgrade to first class mailings of The Paper. Non-US members must add $30 to cover international mailing costs.
- $25 / JUNIOR: (18 years and younger, birthdate required). Total amount is tax deductible.
- $40 / INDIVIDUAL: Total amount is tax deductible.
- $65 / FAMILY: (Family is defined as up to two adults and four children age 18 and under, mailings only to one address). Benefits are the same as the individual category but for all family members. Total amount is tax deductible.
We greatly appreciate those who can join at a higher membership level! Your support helps our programs and outreach activities.
- $100 / CONTRIBUTING: Benefits are the same as the Family Membership plus first class/international mailing, plus one Specialty Paper of our choosing. $63 is tax deductible.
- $150 / SPONSOR: Benefits are the same as the Family Membership plus first class/international mailing, plus one Origami Book from a selected list. $125 is tax deductible.
- $250 / PATRON: Benefits are the same as the Family Membership plus first class/international mailing, plus one Specialty Paper of our choosing and one Origami Book from a selected list. $213 is tax deductible.
- $500 / BENEFACTOR: Benefits are the same as the Patron Membership. In addition, one member may attend convention free or may assign this benefit to another member or may allocate the benefit to be put into an OrigamiUSA scholarship fund, to be distributed to a member in need at the Board's discretion. $400 is tax deductible.
- $1000 / GUARDIAN: Benefits are the same as the Benefactor Membership, plus one of the following: 1) special priority ticketing at the Annual Convention, or 2) a special book or package of paper not available in the US. $850 is tax deductible.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions about Membership. If you don't find an answer there, contact us at admin [at] origamiusa.org.