Posted: March 7, 2009 - 1:30pm
Updated: March 16, 2009 - 12:14pm
Note: this listing is now closed.
OrigamiUSA is looking for a new administrator. Rachel, our current administrator, is leaving us to return to her home town.
We have posted an ad on CraigsList. If you are interested in applying here is the link:
Here is the ad below:
Office Administrator at Small Non-Profit Arts Organization
Administrator needed for OrigamiUSA, a small non-profit located on the Upper West Side of New York City. The job includes:
- General office duties
- Basic bookkeeping and data entry
- Fulfillment of member requests and maintenance of database
- Volunteer coordination
- Coordination of special events
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of volunteers, board members, public, and other staff departments
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic accounting skills
OrigamiUSA is a membership organization with a very small office with one employee (you) and many volunteers, including a hard-working board. The pace of the job varies dramatically from frantic convention preparation to solitary hours for routine office activities. The ideal candidate will be skilled in a variety of areas, flexible, and able to work independently.
Interest in the arts a plus – no knowledge of origami required. Specific experience with volunteers a major plus.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.