The COcon Value Deal includes a buffet for Saturday night dinner, with:
- House salad with balsamic dressing
- Herb roasted potatoes
- Steamed seasonal vegetables
- Penne pasta primavera with tofu (vegan & vegetarian option, pasta is gluten-free)
- Roasted turkey with apple sage dressing
- Roasted pork loin sliced and topped with bourbon glaze
- Assorted cookies
- Locally roasted organic regular or decaffeinated coffee
- Hot tea with assorted seasonal teas
- Iced tea
If you will be choosing the vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free option from the buffet, please note this (and any other food allergies or dietary restrictions) in the comments on your registration form.
Food Options in and Around the Hotel
The hotel restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner, but not lunch, which is not a problem, with so many good eating options in the area! Right next door to the hotel is:
- Bockwinkel’s, a small grocery and deli open until midnight
- There is also a Whole Foods one block away
If you want to go out for breakfast:
There are also two great donut shops in the neighborhood:
Looking for lunch or dinner options? Turn right on Ohio when you exit the hotel, and keep walking west. There is something for everyone:
Cross Michigan Avenue, and there is Eataly.
And….are you up for the ‘Chicago Trifecta’? Here’s where to sample three of our famous foods, within a reasonable distance from the hotel:
Italian Beef: Buona Beef. Make a left from the hotel, walk east to McClurg Court. Hot giardiniera, or sweet peppers? Your call. Another option: Portillo's. And for fans of the popular show The Bear, check out Mr. Beef on Orleans, used as a filming location.
Chicago hot dog: Downtown Dogs. Remember, NO ketchup, please!!!
Other good stuff:
- Garrett’s Popcorn, just off Michigan Avenue on East Ontario. You’ll see the long line out the door. They are famous for their Garrett Mix of cheese and caramel corn, but their other varieties are good too, especially the Almond Caramel Crisp. Bet you can’t stop eating it. There is also a location in Water Tower, and for last-minute shoppers, there is a kiosk in the United terminal at O’Hare Airport.
- Starbucks Reserve Chicago Roastery. Yes, New York got one first, but ours is the BIGGEST in the world. Five floors of caffeinated bliss to fuel your late-night folding. Just be aware of long lines on the weekend.
- Billy Goat Tavern, a ‘must visit’, especially for fans of the old SNL show. This is the original and the best. Don’t leave Chicago without getting your cheezborger.
Feel like splurging? Nothing says Chicago like a good steak, and we LOVE our steaks. Here are some suggestions for topping off a great weekend of folding with friends, old and new. Pricey? Sure, but you only live once. You deserve it.