So you've decided to come to COcon. Wonderful, you'll have a great time! Registration is limited to 150 folders; registration will be closed when we reach this limit. We will open a waitlist (see link below) when we reach 150 folders (those who can sign up for classes).
The COcon Value Deal ($180 with a $10 discount for OrigamiUSA members) is a specially-priced combination that includes:
- Saturday and Sunday classes
- Saturday buffet dinner
- Welcome Kit (kami to fold and a special gift).
Or you can choose a Day Pass, which includes classes on that day.
Guardians, Aides and other non-folding companions must also register, even if they are not attending the dinner.
The COcon Value Deal is your best value, because it represents a savings of up to $100.
- If you've decided to go with the COcon Value Deal, select the COcon Value Deal checkbox.
- If you'd prefer to attend for only one day of classes, choose the Day Pass option and select the day you want to come. You can still register for the Saturday Buffer Dinner on the form if you are coming for one day.
- Do you have a non-folding companion with you? They must also complete their own registration form. They can add the Saturday Buffet Dinner on their form if they would like to join you, but they must register separately. If the person with you is a guardian for an under-age child, or an aide for someone with special needs, put the name(s) of your guardian/aide on your own registration form. Guardians are required for children under 18. They are not permitted in the classrooms unless they are allowed by the teacher, but may sit in the Community Folding Area or outside the classrooms.
- If you are attending the Saturday Buffet Dinner and have food allergies or special dietary needs, please put that in the comments at the bottom of the registration form when you register.
- The local Chicago folders will be doing much of the volunteering. If you are willing to help out, please make a note in the comments section of the registration form.
Pricing is simple:
- The COcon Value Deal: all three (Saturday and Sunday classes and dinner): $180 (with a $10 discount for OrigamiUSA members, i.e., $170)
- Saturday-only classes: $100
- Sunday-only classes: $100
- Saturday buffet dinner: $80
Please note, though:
- The COcon Value Deal and buffet dinner will not be available after October 23, 1:00 pm EDT.
- If you can’t attend you need to let us know as soon as possible or not later than October 3, 1:00 pm EDT so we can ﬁll your spot with a person from the waitlist. You will receive a full refund.
- Cancel after October 3, 1:00 pm EDT: No monetary refund.
To cancel, send an email to cocon-registration [at] origamiusa.org and include a copy of your registration receipt email.
Everyone must register using this form, even if they are only volunteering or teaching.
You have registered the following people for COcon:
*Registration for COcon 2022 is closed. -->
After registration closes, we will maintain a waiting list in case additional space becomes available. To get on the waiting list, fill out the form below.
You have registered the following people for the waitlist for COcon:
- Waitlist registration for COcon 2022 is closed.