Set sail for the shores of beautiful Lake Michigan and the city of Chicago! Get ready for a weekend of origami fun at the Chicago OrigamiUSA Convention (COcon) 2020, October 30–November 1, Chicago, Illinois, USA, and make Chicago your kind of folding town.
We will be at the newly-renovated DoubleTree by Hilton Magnificent Mile, a great location just a few blocks from Michigan Avenue, aka Mag Mile, and surrounded by restaurants and shopping.
- OrigamiUSA membership is not required.
- Registration is limited to the first 150 folders! There will be a wait list once we are full.
- A "No-frills" convention: no bags, no T-shirt, no convention book.
- BYOS (Bring Your Own Stuff).
- No special guest folders (everyone is a special guest!)
- Two full days of classes from beginner to complex on Saturday and Sunday.
- Enjoy the company of fellow folders in a banquet-hall-sized community folding room.
- All-night folding Friday and Saturday in the community room.
- Special origami exhibit (Free to the public Sat/Sun 9:00 am–5:00 pm).
There are lots of links on this site for you to learn from. Here’s a quick overview of the most important.
- March 15 — Registration opens for Chicago-area residents.
- March 18 — Registration opens for everyone.
- April 1 — COcon Value Deal price increases to $170.
- August 1 — COcon Value Deal price increases to $180.
- September 1 — Teaching submissions open.
- October 16 — Teaching submissions close.
- October 30 — COcon begins!
We have a COcon Value package that includes 2 days of classes, Saturday buffet dinner, and a welcome kit for a bargain of $160! More details on the registration page.
The convention will be held at the DoubleTree by Hilton Miracle Mile with a fantastic low room rate of $139/night. After you register for COcon, you will receive an email from the committee with information about reserving a room at the hotel at our special rate.
Via air or land, here's how to get to Chicago.
We are excited to have Americas Origami Shop at COcon if you want to shop for books and paper.
Friday night begins with registration at 7:00 pm, Exhibition setup, and community folding and socializing.
Saturday is the first day of classes. Registration begins at 8:30 am; classes run from 10:00am–5:00pm. Saturday night is a buffet dinner. Exhibition will be open all day long, with community folding into the night.
Sunday is the second day of classes. Registration begins at 8:30 am; classes run from 10:00am–5:00pm. Exhibition will be open until 5:00 pm; the community folding room will be open until 11:45 pm.