Be a part of the Green movement by entering our origami challenge: PAPER or PLASTIC. Get those creative juices flowing and have some fun by folding a unique origami model from a recycled bag. You may use a single bag or multiple bags. The only rule is that the bag(s) must not be cut. Use paper or plastic (if you dare!) All submissions will be on display in the new Origami Gallery at Paper Tree, located in the heart of San Francisco’s Japantown! The models will be judged by a panel of origami experts during the Pacific Coast Origami Conference in early November, so all entries must be in by
October 24 November 6, 2009.
Grand prize winner will receive a $100 Gift Certificate to Paper Tree!
- All origami submissions must be folded from a single or multiple recycled paper or plastic bag(s).
- Bags must not be cut, opened or altered in any way.
- The entire bag must be used.
- Models may be an ORIGINAL (your own creation) or a REPLICA (someone else’s creation).
- Glue/tape may be used.
- Please fill out one ENTRY FORM (see below) for each model submitted.
- Send entries to:
- ATTN: PAPER OR PLASTIC
- Paper Tree
- 1743 Buchanan Mall
- San Francisco, CA 94115
- Phone: (415) 921-7100
- All models become property of Paper Tree.
- Please include stands to display your origami, if needed.
- Questions? Call Linda Mihara at (415) 921-7100 or email linda [at] origamihara.com.
PCOC thanks The Paper Tree for providing display space and the prize for this contest.