It’s that time! We’re putting out the call for diagram submissions for PCOC 2021. The deadline is Monday, May 17, 2021 EDT.
All contributors of accepted diagrams will receive a free PDF copy of the diagram book.
The PCOC 2021 Diagram Book will consist of two thematic categories:
1. San Francisco
Any of the famous landmarks or icons of San Francisco. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Coit Tower,
- Golden Gate Bridge,
- TransAmerica Pyramid,
- Salesforce Tower,
- Sutro Tower,
- Cable Cars/Trolleys,
- Peace Pagoda and Ruth Asawa Fountain in Japantown
- The "Painted Ladies",
- Dungeness Crabs,
- Fisherman’s Wharf,
- Sourdough Bread,
- Windmills in Golden Gate Park,
- Sea Lions,
- Sea Birds of San Francisco Bay (PDF).
Even more inspiration:
Anything that is representational of California. Here are a few links to ponder:
- California State Library list
- NetState Chronicle list
- California Tourism Site
- California Places to Visit (video)
Please adhere to the following details for preparing your diagram for submission:
- The artwork should be print-ready (300 dpi) and sized at 7.12” x 9.6” (18 x 24 cm) with no margins.
- It should have a white background with preferably a black font and grayscale diagrams (since we're working with only black and white for printing internal pages).
- Include the name of the model, the designer, and diagrammer on the diagram.
- It should be a PDF file.
- Convert all fonts to outlines prior to generating your PDF.
- If conversion to outline is not possible, then please be sure to “Embed Fonts” when generating your PDF.
Before submitting your diagram(s), check your spelling, grammar, punctuation, and symbol accuracy (e.g., if the verbal instructions say "mountain fold," make sure to use dash-dot-dash or dash-dot-dot-dash lines).
Make sure to have others read through and test-fold your work.
How to Submit
- Fill out the permission form. This form needs to be filled out for each of your submissions.
- Email the following files (preferably in one email) to pcoc-diagrambook [at] origamiusa.org:
- Your diagram(s)
- Your biography (single paragraph, 750 characters or less). Here's a character count site to help.
- Your user name and email address on the OrigamiUSA website if you wish to receive a PDF copy of the book. You don't need to be a member of OrigamiUSA; you just need an account on the website, which you can create here if you don't yet have one.
Please keep in mind the deadline: Monday, May 17, 2021 EDT.
The earlier you can submit your diagrams, the better. We'll be giving out these perks for submitting your diagrams and biographical material early:
- Before Thursday, December 31, 2020 EST: Receive a 25% discount from Paper Tree on purchases over $100. Limited to the first 10 that are accepted.
- Before Saturday, May 1, 2021 EDT: Receive a 10% discount from Paper Tree.
Thank you in advance for considering submitting a diagram for PCOC 2021. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by emailing pcoc-diagrambook [at] origamiusa.org.