Hang on folks, this is not your normal tour. This is Boulder and we want to show you the town and tell you some stories.
When was the last time you saw a tour bus with a pitched roof and fencing decorating the sides? You can sit in an easy chair or try out the saddle (not a regular seat). The sofa in the back is best for wannabe bronc riders.
Here's the anticipated itinerary:
- 9:15 hotel pickup by Banjo Billy's Bus
- Bus tour of Boulder to include Macky Auditorium on the CU campus, the Hill area near campus, Chautauqua Park, Boulderado Hotel, Pearl Street and NIST, home of the Atomic Clock... (about 75 minutes)
- Travel to Celestial Seasonings arriving at 11:15 for the 11:30 factory tour (45 minutes). The tour is on the working floor of the factory. Once in the factory, there are no restrooms or seating. The distance is not long but be prepared to stand for at least 30 minutes .
- Shop at the Celestial Gift Shop and eat at the Celestial Cafe. Lunch will be on your own. A sandwich, side and beverage are about $10.00. Menu available here.
- 1:30 leave Celestial, stop at Walden Ponds for a view of the Rockies
- 2:30 Drop off at West Pearl Street for shopping.
- After shopping, walk back to the hotel or catch the Hop bus or arrange for the Millennium van to pick you up...$10 per load, or
- 3:00 Drop off at Hotel, for those who want to skip the shopping.
Sign up for the Tour
- Online registration for the PCOC Post-Convention Tour is now closed.
The tour is currently full. Please email pcoc-info [at] origamiusa.org to be placed on a waitlist.