This is a subject near and dear to everyone. Although our hotel is located in a prime location to enjoy our beautiful balloon filled sky, it is not within walking distance to many eateries.
As a result PCOC 2013 will include a lunch in the Early Bird option.
Here is a description of the scrumptious food that will be offered during our convention.
Thursday night Reception (Optional)
Cheese and Fruit Platter: Cheddar, Swiss, Boursin, Brie and Havarti cheeses, watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew, strawberries, seedless grapes and seasonal fruits served with assorted crackers
Friday night Reception (Included in Early Bird Option)
A Fun Southwestern Extravaganza!
- Aztec Calendar – Layered beans, sour cream, diced tomatoes and onions, sliced jalapenos, shredded cheese, guacamole and black olives, tri-colored tortilla chips
- Vegetable Crudité – baby carrots, celery sticks, cucumber rounds, zucchini and summer squash, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms served with ranch dressing
- Taco Bar – Ground taco meat, tortillas, taco shells and condiments
- Nacho Station – tortilla chips
- Beef Empanadas
- Chicken Taquitos
- Jalapeno Poppers
Lunches: (Included in Early Bird Option)
Choice of sandwich (below), plus:
- Potato chips
- Coleslaw or potato salad
- A cookie or brownie
- Soda or bottled water
- Ham, turkey and bacon
- Swiss cheese, lettuce and vine ripened tomato
- Freshly baked croissant
The Vegetarian Wrap
- Grilled, marinated vegetables
- Monterey jack cheese, sprouts, cucumber, lettuce and tomato
- Rolled in a flavored flour tortilla
Saturday Night Banquet (Included in the Early Bird Option)
- Chicken Roma - tender chicken roast stuffed with artichokes, sundried tomatoes and roasted pine nuts
- Pacific Salmon - grilled salmon topped with a dill beurre blanc sauce.
- London Broil - marinated Flank Steak served with cabernet mushroom sauce.
The above meals will be served with salad, rice, vegetables and a special, surprise dessert.
Don’t miss the banquet!
Be sure to choose the EARLY BIRD OPTION for the best price for all these options!
There will be a space on the registration form for special dietary concerns. The chef will prepare the above options as closely as possible adjusting for diet restrictions.
Other Food Options
Marriott has a restaurant: Sandia Grill
- Daily Breakfast Buffet Monday through Friday 6:30 am -11:00am and on Saturday and Sunday 7:00 am - Noon.
- Lunch is served 11:00 am - 2:00 pm.
- Dinner is served 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm.
Food is also available in the Marriott Lounge from 2:00 pm - 11:00 pm.
Local Eateries within walking distance of the Marriott:
- Dos Hermanos (Mexican)
- Torinos @home (Italian)
- Sara’s Pastries & Deli
- El Pollo Picante (Mexican)
- Hadley’s Tea
- Hello Deli
Rio Grande Arts & Crafts Festival
($8 entry fee) - Street food
Open 9am – 5pm on Friday thru Sunday (Oct. 3 – 5) and until 6pm on Saturday (good for lunch but not dinner)