Many of our attendees tell us that their volunteer experiences are what make the convention most satisfying. If you haven't volunteered before, why not try it this year? It's an opportunity to meet interesting people and see the convention in a whole new light.
We will need help in the weeks prior to the convention preparing Survival Kits and paper, processing registration forms, etc. On the Friday of the Convention, we will need people to help set up. During the Convention, we will need people to help with Registration, Ticketing, Model Menu, Silent Auction, and our sales areas. On both Sunday and Monday evenings we need people to help take down and pack up. Even one hour of your time will help.
Volunteers who give up an hour or more of their class time may be eligible to receive Priority Ticketing for classes (details here).
All volunteers must register for volunteering (in addition to any other activities you are registering for), as follows:
If you wish to sign up for volunteering,
- You must register for Convention, even if you are not taking classes.
- Then you can create a volunteer identity for yourself and sign up for volunteer time slots.
- Anyone who displays in the Exhibition is required to volunteer one hour in the Exhibition during the Convention (and must be registered to attend Convention). You can sign up for your time slot when you set up your exhibit. You do not have to fill out a volunteer form for this.
Non-folder Accompanying a Folder
If you are a non-folder accompanying a folder, volunteering is a fun way to fill your waiting time. If you wish to volunteer less than two hours per day,
- Please create a volunteer identity for yourself (you must be logged in to your website account).
- After you've done that, you can either sign up for volunteer tasks or we can assign you (which we'll discuss with you, of course).
If you commit to volunteering for two or more hours per day, you can just complete the Staff Registration form and we will contact you.
- Online registration for staff is closed.
If you volunteer in any way, someone will contact you before the convention via email to confirm your assignment. If you have any other questions about volunteering, please contact the Volunteer Committee at event-volunteering [at] origamiusa.org.