An introduction to origami that will include basic folds, common bases, and understanding diagrams. Models taught will include a traditional box, swan, sailboat, star basket and waterbomb. After the two hour class participants will have a good understanding of the "basics" and ready to attend other beginner classes offered at the convention.
- This uses non-square paper: 8 1/2 " x 11" for the traditional magazine cover box and envelope
Diagrams are available on the OrigamiUSA website, and the models are featured in most of the beginner origami books.
• Traditional magazine box https://origamiusa.org/files/atsushi-box-traditional.pdf
• Swan https://origamiusa.org/files/atsushi-swan.pdf
• Sailboat https://origamiusa.org/files/ousa-sailboat.pdf
• Star basket https://origamiusa.org/files/atsushi-starbasket.pdf
• Waterbomb https://origamiusa.org/files/atsushi-waterbomb.pdf
8 1/2" x 11" color sheets of paper -- 3 sheets for each participant that signs up including the teacher
6 sheets of 10" kami paper