The Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel is a historic hotel in New York City, located at:
811 Seventh Avenue (between West 53rd and West 52nd Streets)
New York, NY 10019
Phone: (212) 581-1000
The price will be $203/night per room, so $102/night for a shared room. Make your reservation now for our special room block.
Rooms can be cancelled without penalty up until 72 hours (3 days) prior to 6:00 pm EST of the check-in day, so there is no downside to reserving early. The OrigamiUSA rate is available from June 21, 2022 to July 1, 2022, for those who wish to explore the city before or after the convention.
Parking is $65 per night for hotel guests. Here are some alternatives:
Overnight parking: Most nearby private facilities are as expensive as the hotel (see previous links). You might consider driving to the NY Waterway ferry terminal in NJ, parking there, and taking the ferry to NY Midtown. Waterway buses will drop you only a few blocks from the hotel. Overnight parking is $20 per day, and the ferry is $9.
- Bring a portable light (not all of the rooms are as bright as you might like for folding).
- Bring a sweater (it gets cold in Hospitality because of the air conditioning).
These are the spaces we will be using at the hotel:
- Hospitality - New York Ballroom
- Registration - New York Ballroom Foyer
- Sales - Riverside Ballroom and Riverside Suite
- Exhibition - Liberty 1, 2, 3
- Vendors - Carnegie West
- ATC and Pin Swap - Carnegie East
- Classrooms on this floor are: Carnegie East, Liberty 4, Liberty 5.
- Classrooms on this floor are Madison and Park Suites.
- This floor is all classrooms.
- The Origami in the Garden film will be shown on Saturday at 9pm in Bowery.
- The Airplane Contest will be done in the hallway on Sunday at 12:15pm (meet outside Bowery).
- On Monday night from 8:00 pm–midnight we will have Late Night Folding in Bowery.
On Monday night, we will hold a "We Survived!" dinner at a nearby restaurant, Margaritaville at Times Square. Sign up on your registration form; details are here.
Other meals are not included at Convention 2022, but there are many local restaurants to choose from. This list of nearby restaurants has links to their menus and websites.
In the hotel lobby there are two places to get food:
- Hudson Market restaurant