The Silent Auction is an opportunity to buy RARE, UNUSUAL, and VALUABLE origami-related items and also make a contribution to OrigamiUSA. (See White Elephants for lower-priced items—grandma's holiday gifts, worn t-shirts, duplicates of current in-print books, etc.)
The Silent Auction is open when the Sales Areas are open, but closes at 1:45 pm on Sunday to allow us time to finalize the winning bids. Come down at lunchtime to protect your bid!
Items for the Silent Auction must have a value of $25 or more. For example:
- Out of Print/Signed Books/Foreign rare books
- Rare T-shirts (perhaps from foreign countries)
- Rare and unusual Origami related items – Clothing, wallets made from origami print material; lamps; vases, services, etc.
Silent Auction Donation Procedures
To donate an item, follow this procedure:
- Fill out the linked form (below) describing your item. Print the form twice before you submit it (one for your records and one to send with your item). ALL items for Silent Auction must have a form filled out PRIOR to Convention.
- We will contact you to let you know if your item has been accepted into the Silent Auction. Please do not ship anything until we contact you.
- Once we confirm, all items should be sent to the OrigamiUSA Home-Office at 15 West 77th Street, New York, NY 10024 Attention: Silent Auction or brought to the Silent Auction area on Friday 3:00 pm–5:00 pm.
Please be aware that if you don’t fill out a form, we may be unable to process your items this year.
Donate a Silent Auction Item
Your Silent Auction donations:
- Donations for the Silent Auction are closed.
Silent Auction at Convention
At Convention, bidding will follow this procedure:
- Bid (include your name, cell phone number, and email with your bid).
- Silent Auction closes on Sunday at 1:45 pm (stop by at lunch to protect your bids).
- At 1:45 pm the winners will be determined and you will receive a text letting you know if you won.
- Pay for items you have won on Sunday at 5:00 pm in the The Origami Source.
- The Origami Source closes at 6:00 pm on Sunday (you have one hour to pay.)
- Pick up items after you pay (show your receipt).
Silent Auction Hours
- Friday 2:00 pm–10:00 pm
- Saturday 9:00 am–7:30 pm
- Sunday 9:00 am–1:45 pm