June 23–26, New York, NY USA
The OrigamiUSA Annual Convention returns to Manhattan and the same hotel we were at in 2022, the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel.
Join your fellow folders with special guests Bodo Haag, Miyuki Kawamura, and Paul Jackson!
Highlights: What to Expect
- Three full days of classes from beginner to super complex.
- Live classes with special guests.
- Classes include model folding, lectures and techniques.
- World-class origami exhibits.
- Sales of books and paper.
- Silent auction (rare finds and more).
- Meet and fold with well-known and aspiring origami designers.
The conference will be held at the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, located at 811 7th Ave New York, NY 10019.
The OrigamiUSA room block is now full, but there are many hotel options in the area. We suggest searching for a hotel on Google maps, which shows prices.
If you already have a reservation, but are planning to cancel, do not contact the hotel or cancel online; instead, please contact the convention committee at convention-info [at] origamiusa.org, as we will be able to transfer your reservation to another attendee.
- Bring a portable light (not all of the rooms are as bright as you might like for folding).
- Bring a sweater (it gets cold in the hotel because of the air conditioning).
On Monday night we'll hold a "We Survived!" dinner at a nearby restaurant.
Other meals are not included, but there are many local restaurants to choose from.
Detailed information about all Convention 2023 activities, registration, teaching, etc., is listed in the Convention 2023 menu at the upper right. Every item (both boldface and unbolded) is a link to a page with further information.
- May 9, 1:00 pm EDT — Registration opens
- May 9, 1:00 pm–June 6, 12:00 am EDT — Registration to teach
- June 6, 12:00 am EDT — Teaching registration closes
- June 8, 1:00 pm EDT — Preliminary class schedule posted
- June 11, 1:00 pm EDT — Final class schedule posted
- June 11, 1:00 pm–June 16, 1:00 pm EDT — Request classes
- June 16, 1:00 pm EDT — Class requests close
- June 16, 5:00 pm EDT — Class assignments posted
- June 23, 2:00 pm EDT — Convention begins
Friday, June 23
Registration and check-in. Opening ceremonies begin at 2:00 pm EDT. Enjoy dinner at one of the many local restaurants near the hotel.
Saturday, June 24–Monday, June 26
- Three full days of classes from 10:00 am–5:00 pm EDT.
- Sunday evening we will have an oversized folding competition with 9-foot paper!
This year there will be no special requirements for COVID: masks are recommended, but not required.
"Sorry I Can't Attend"
If you can't attend in-person, there is still a way you can participate in Convention 2023:
If you have questions about any aspect of Convention 2023, contact us at convention-info [at] origamiusa.org.