The theme of PCOC 2019 design challenge is Weird. This is from the phrase included in the PCOC 2019 logo: “Keep It Weird!”, which originates from Portland’s popular slogan: “Keep Portland Weird.” So, let’s design a weird and unusual origami model for this super fun design challenge, and “Keep Origami Weird!”
Here are some guidelines about this design challenge:
- This is just a challenge, NOT a competition. Anyone is more than welcome to participate, and there will be a gift for every participant.
- The model that you submit must be your original design.
- Since PCOC is an all-age, inclusive event, please keep your entry “G-Rated” (appropriate even for children to look at) and also non-political. If you are not sure of its appropriateness, please ask us at pcoc-info [at] origamiusa.org.
- If you plan to participate in this design challenge, please fill out this entry form by Monday, September 2nd. We would like to make sure that we have enough table space for the display.
- You can enter up to 2 models, but there will be one gift for each participant.
- Setup, exhibit, and takedown of the design challenge models will be handled exactly the same way as the Exhibition. Please read the PCOC 2019 Exhibition page for details.
- If you are not attending PCOC 2019 but still would like to participate in this challenge, contact the PCOC 2019 local lead at origamipdx [at] gmail.com for the shipping address and return arrangement of the model. Please note that you will be responsible for return shipping costs and that the gift for a non-attending participant will be the PCOC 2019 Convention Book as a PDF.
We look forward to your participation in this Weird Design Challenge!